The Jewish Film Institute seeks interns with a passion in film, event planning, arts & culture, community building, and nonprofit arts management to assist in the fields of public relations, marketing, communications, design, and content strategy. Positions are available immediately and applications are considered on a rolling basis.
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, California
POSITION TIMEFRAME: Immediately | 2016-2017 | 10-15 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship but we can offer units of academic credit.
The Jewish Film Institute is the premier curatorial voice for Jewish film and media and a leading arts and culture organization in the Bay Area. Built on the foundation of the world-renowned San Francisco Jewish Film Festival – the world’s first and largest Jewish film festival – the Jewish Film Institute catalyzes and inspires communities in San Francisco and around the world to expand their understanding of Jewish life and culture through film, media, and dialogue. In addition to its signature summer Festival, the Jewish Film Institute presents year-round live events in the San Francisco Bay Area and a host of online content initiatives, including JFI On Demand, the pay-per-view streaming service that makes a portion of films from its archive available to watch online.
Interns interested in public relations, marketing, communications, design, and content strategy are encouraged to apply, but will also work across disciplines, gaining experience in production, development, programming, and festival operations. Interns will assist the Marketing & Communications Manager on a wide array of campaigns, strategies, and content creation with the goals of:
- Building audience networks for Jewish Film Institute programs and events
- Envisioning a digital marketing strategy for JFI’s online content initiatives such as our Online Shorts program and JFI On Demand channel
- Establishing and maintaining networks of community organizations in support of our year-round initiatives
- Designing and deploying digital marketing campaigns across various social media, display and search engine channels
- Developing articles and blog content for JFI website and social media
- Creating JFI-related marketing materials, advertisements, and more.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Details-oriented and team player
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and research skills
- Works well independently in a small office environment as well as in public arenas
- Desire to learn about media arts organizing
- Experience with graphic design and web software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Excel, Word, WordPress, Keynote, and Filemaker Pro
- Desire to learn about digital marketing techniques such as social media advertising, display remarketing, Google Adwords, email marketing, and website management
JFI & SFJFF internships are wonderful positions for both those with prior experience in the field of marketing and film presentation as well as those seeking to gain new experience.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mail to:
Marketing & Communications Manager
Jewish Film Institute
145 9th Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls, please.