The Jewish Film Institute is seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator to join the Marketing Department for the 37th San Francisco Jewish Film Festival, July 20 – August 6, 2017. Strong applicants will have a passion for film and Jewish community, strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, California
POSITION TIMEFRAME: Immediately – August 6, full time | August 6 – 14, part time
The Jewish Film Institute (JFI) is the premier curatorial voice for Jewish film and media and a leading arts and culture organization in the Bay Area. As the presenter of the world-renowned San Francisco Jewish Film Festival – the world’s first and largest Jewish film festival – JFI catalyzes and inspires communities in San Francisco and around the world to expand their understanding of Jewish life and culture through film, media, and dialogue. JFI shapes Jewish narratives by giving viewers worldwide access to newly discovered and never been told before stories.
The San Francisco Jewish Film Festival (SFJFF) is the largest and longest-running festival of its kind and a leader in the curation and presentation of new film and media exploring the complexities of Jewish life around the world. SFJFF attracts more than 40,000 filmgoers and industry professionals to its annual three weeks of inspiring films, events, panels and parties. Screenings take place at the historic Castro theatre in San Francisco and venues throughout the Bay Area during July and August.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will assist in all aspects of communications, community outreach, group sales and marketing for the 37th San Francisco Jewish Film Festival (July 20 – August 6, 2017). Working closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager, the position oversees the Community Partners program by coordinating co-presentations for all SFJFF films, ticket giveaways with organizations throughout the Bay Area and encouraging group sales to partner organizations. The Outreach Coordinator will also provide support in preparing digital images for presentation online, on the SFJFF37 mobile app, and in print publications.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly organized individual with experience in arts marketing and/or community outreach, a working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite software, excellent writing skills, a knowledge of Bay Area nonprofit and arts organizations and a passion for Jewish film.
- Oversee SFJFF37’s Community Partner program by researching, soliciting and confirming co-presenters for Festival screenings, maintain spreadsheets tracking co-presenter information, prepare regular communications to provide them with materials for outreach, deadlines, and other logistical information.
- Conduct targeted outreach to partner organizations and coordinate distribution of promotional materials in San Francisco and the East, North and South Bays
- Coordinate with Festival Box Office to provide ticket giveaways, discount codes, group sales and comp tickets to co-presenters.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with basic website updates, email marketing correspondence, SFJFF blog content.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager with preparing festival film images and written content for digital and print distribution.
- Assist Digital Media Manager with select video content production projects for social media advertising.
- Attend scheduled festival meetings and remain on-call during major events.
- Complete post-festival written wrap report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with marketing, community outreach, event planning and/or public relations
- Familiarity with Bay Area Jewish Community and media arts organizations and events
- Some familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), MS Office and Google
- Some experience with email marketing platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Details-oriented and demonstrated attention to detail
- Basic experience in graphic design
- Responsive to unpredictable workflow and hours
- Flexible, creative and able thrive in a fast-paced environment