The Jewish Film Institute is seeking a Website Coordinator to assist with the organization’s in-progress migration to a new website CMS and to assist with film archive data management tasks. Strong applicants will have a passion for Jewish film, an understanding of systems management and excellent organizational skills.
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area, California
POSITION TIMEFRAME: Full time, April – May, 2017 | Option for part-time work as needed in June 2017
The Jewish Film Institute (JFI) is the premier curatorial voice for Jewish film and media and a leading arts and culture organization in the Bay Area. As the presenter of the world-renowned San Francisco Jewish Film Festival – the world’s first and largest Jewish film festival – JFI catalyzes and inspires communities in San Francisco and around the world to expand their understanding of Jewish life and culture through film, media, and dialogue. JFI shapes Jewish narratives by giving viewers worldwide access to newly discovered and never been told before stories. JFI plans to scale up by enhancing its video on demand, filmmaker support and educational programming. At the core of JFI’s enhancements is updating its institutional and festival websites, which host all programs and an archive of 1600+ films exhibited by the organization. Integration with Gowatchit web services will allow audiences to find archive films available across various streaming platforms including Netflix, Amazon, etc.
The JFI Web Coordinator will assist with the Marketing Manager/Digital Media Manager and Director of Operations with the in-progress website migration to Ingeniux CMS to be completed by no later than June 1, 2017. The Web Coordinator will assist in all areas of material transfer and research/organization for the JFI.org website and JFI On Demand/Film Archive. The Web Coordinator will be present for regular, weekly check-ins on project status throughout the duration.
- Collect the relevant information from GoWatchIt for integration with JFI Film Archive/VOD. Enter all relevant GoWatchIt information into FileMaker Database.
- Download and re-name all JFI Film Archive image files according to agreed-upon naming convention. Enter all relevant file-names into FileMaker Database. Will need to obtain, newer high-resolution files where available.
- Review SFJFF archival film information in FileMaker Database and complete research online/in SFJFF catalogs to fill in any missing film metadata or description information.
- Assist with the manual transfer of web copy and content from the current WordPress theme to the new Ingeniux CMS for JFI.org.
- Copy edit and quality check both the JFI and SFJFF37 Ingeniux websites upon completion of content transfer.
- Prep all film materials in FileMaker Database for export to XML reports for JFI and SFJFF37 websites.
- Some experience with data entry projects & systems management
- Skilled researcher using online tools
- Basic Photoshop skills to reformat images
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Details-oriented and demonstrated attention to detail
- Responsive to unpredictable workflow and hours
- Flexible, creative and able thrive in a fast-paced environment